Earlier this month I shared some travel games for couples that you can play to spend some quality time together on any trip. In that post, I made a big deal about the need to actually talking to each other and how discussion games in particular can help you get to know each other even better. Today I’m sharing some interesting road trip questions for couples that are supposed to complement that idea and let you be more open to each other!
Some of my questions are funny, others are thought-provoking and deep. I’ve included a few conversation starters for new couples as well as for married couples who know each other well already. There are also some intimate questions if you wanna learn more about your partner’s preferences and enhance your bedroom experience!
Fun Road Trip Questions
In this section, I included some “would you rather” questions for couples as well as random road trip discussion ideas. As fun as they are, most of them can’t be answered right away and will require some time to think. You will probably end up having great eye-opening conversations and laugh a lot while your relationship becomes stronger.
With that said, check out these fun questions for couples and enjoy your super fun road trip!
- If someone made a movie about your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?
- How would your perfect day look like?
- Which fictional character you could be friends with?
- What superpower you’d like to have?
- Would you rather live 200 years back or 200 years into the future?
- If you could shop for free at one store, which one would you choose?
- Would you rather have an extra hour in a day or an extra day every month?
- Would you rather not be able to open any closed doors or not be able to close any open doors?
- Which movie character do you associate yourself with?
- Would you rather never speak again or never have sex again?
- What are your pet peeves?
- Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?
- If you could travel in time, where and when your first destination would be?
- Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
- Would you rather give up movies or games for a year?
Road Trip Questions For New Couples
If you went on a road trip together, I think it’s safe to assume that you’ve had a date night or two already and liked each other enough to travel together. So this road trip is just one ‘first thing’ of so many firsts that are ahead of you!
Good conversation starters will help you avoid those unavoidable periods of awkward silence along the road. Pick a question, make it fun, listen, and talk about yourself too. It shouldn’t feel like an interview, but a way to learn more about each other’s life.
Anyway, being a new couple is so exciting! It means that you have a lot to discuss and so much to learn about each other. It’s much easier to come up with interesting road trip questions for new couples than for those who have been living together for a few decades!
- Have you ever had pets?
- What is your dream job?
- If you didn’t have to work for a living, what would you do?
- What is currently your main goal?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- Would you rather plan everything to a T or be totally spontaneous?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Would you rather spend $5,000 on travel or on material things?
- What is your most unrealistic dream?
- Have you ever cheated while being in a relationship?
- What are top-5 places on your travel bucket list?
- What guilty pleasures do you have?
- Would you rather find your true love or a suitcase with five million dollars inside?
- Which is your favorite song and why?
- What are your best pick-up lines?
- What did you want to become when you were a kid?
Deep Road Trip Questions
Where else you will have so much time to talk if not on a road trip?
All that time sitting together for hours in a moving car is meant to be used for deep conversations! Just make sure that whoever drives still puts enough attention to the road.
This list includes some good trip conversation starters for couples that can lead to long discussions. Here is how you get to know each other better: by realizing what are your inner drivers, what scares you both, and what are the things that had the most impact on your lives.
These deep questions for a road trip make it easier for you to really start talking about important stuff instead of never-ending shallow conversations about random routine daily things.
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- How would you prefer to die and why?
- What is the worst thing you’ve ever done?
- If you could literally change the world, what is the one thing you would do?
- Who made the most impact on your life?
- What do you think we can do together to make the world a better place?
- Is there something you would change in your past?
- What would you do tomorrow if it was your last day on Earth?
- Would you wanna know when you are gonna die?
- Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
- What advice would you give a 15-years-younger self?
- If you could see the future, what’s one thing you’d wanna see?
- What’s something that scares you that you would never ever try?
- If everything was possible, who would you become?
- Which book has changed your life?
Intimate Road Trip Questions
Is there anything you’ve always wanted to try in bed but was ashamed of asking? Do you have some fantasies that you two can role play in your bedroom? Don’t answer me, tell each other!
Here you have some curious sex questions for couples that might broaden your horizons!
Prepare to hear something unexpected and share your deepest desires with your lover. Sometimes we need to ask in order to get the answers. Thanks to my set of hand-picked intimate questions for couples you should be able to ease these dreadful topics into your road trip conversations.
- What is your favorite part of my body?
- Where is the strangest place you’ve ever had sex?
- What is your craziest sexy fantasy?
- Have you ever had a sexual dream about me?
- How old were you when you lost your virginity?
- Where would you love to have sex?
- What’s your most sensitive body part?
- Did your parents tell you anything about sex?
- Do you believe in friendship between man and woman?
- Is there a celebrity you’d like to sleep with?
- Ideally how often would you like for us to be intimate?
- What turns you on instantly?
- When did you have a first kiss?
- Is there a role play you’d like to try?
- Have you ever been to a strip club?
Road Trip Questions For Married Couples
Years into the marriage you might think you know everything about each other, but it’s never true. Andrew and I are together for more than eight years and we still learn new things here and there. Childhood memories, life struggles, old ideas we don’t even remember until it comes up one day… There is always something new to learn about another person, even if you spent your whole life together.
If you think you know your significant other better than they do themselves, check out these questions and maybe get some fresh perspective!
- What do you remember about our first date?
- Do you think I have changed in any way since we met?
- If you inherited $100,000 right now, how would you spend it?
- What’s a favorite memory that you have about us?
- How would you describe me in three words?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Where would you take me on a perfect date if money wasn’t an issue?
- What was the scariest moment of your life so far?
- What is the hardest part for you in living together?
- What was the proudest moment of your childhood?
- Which things from your bucket list we can do together this year?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- Who was your favorite teacher when you were at school, and why?
- Do you want to be cremated or buried?
- Are there other couples we could become friends with?
- Is there something you would never tell me?
Looking For More Road Trip Questions?
When you’ve talked the heck out of my 77 questions and want more, consider purchasing a Conversation Starter Kit. This Our Moments set is specifically designed for couples to have some joyful conversations and strengthen your bond!
Also check out this book that includes 469 Thought-Provoking Conversation Starters and has some great reviews from other couples. If you travel together often and talk a lot, this bigger set of questions may be the best for you!
Conclusion on Road Trip Questions For Couples
So here you have them: 77 random questions for couples to start an interesting road trip conversation!
I’ve talked before about travel importance and one of my points was that traveling together strengthens your relationship. So however long your road trip is supposed to be, it can’t be boring if your significant other is right there beside you. Put down your phone and just start talking! If you need some help, funny and romantic conversation starters are here for you!
I hope your next car ride will be great and full of new impressions thanks to these intriguing road trip questions! You should never get bored on the way if you come prepared with a few dozens of thought-provoking things to discuss on your mind. Don’t forget to pack your favorite adult board games to have some more fun together when the car finally stops!