Traveling should be fun so I created this list with the most funny travel quotes I could find to inspire you. They are supposed to instantly improve your mood and maybe even make your day!
We are always so serious when it comes to planning a trip and being responsible on the way! It’s time to give yourself a break and have a little laugh with these fun travel quotes.
Nothing is ever perfect when you travel to new destinations. But you can always choose how to react! Either feel miserable, be pessimistic and complain to everyone OR analyze what happened, learn your lesson, put a smile on and move on!
People from the first category miss out on many great experiences after one single thing goes wrong and potentially spoil the trip for others as well. I avoid traveling with such toxic people! Instead, I choose friends who are optimistic and can make my trips much better and fun with their positive attitude. Surely I always do my best to be that person for them too!
This is the right way to end up with many happy memories your can reminisce on together years after.
Many of the listed quotes I find extremely relatable, especially if you have a day job and every vacation is a long-waited dream come true.
But some are just silly and will make you smile or giggle! Did you know there are actual studies that prove that people who smile live longer? Think about it next time you feel pessimistic!
Anyway, let’s see those quotes, shall we?
Short and funny travel quotes that are incredibly true
Let’s start with some fun short phrases about travel plans to warm you up!
Have you ever noticed that a photo with a smile makes you look better in the same circumstances compared to a sad photo? Train yourself to smile more (by creating reasons to smile like reading these funny quotes!) so your beautiful smile comes more natural in your photos!
Maybe one of these quotes can become your travel motto! I am a sea lover and number #4 is something I live by.
1. Vacation mood: on.
2. Friend: Let’s go to Bora Bora. Me: Man, I wanna go, but I’m pora pora.
I know how sad it is when you can’t afford to travel while everyone else seems to be having a blast on some paradise island. Check out my tips on how to travel on a budget to find out what you can do to travel more without a full bank account!
3. Life is short. Call in sick and book that last minute flight.
4. I need vitamin SEA.
5. Running to the gate is my cardio.
6. I wish travel therapy was covered by my health insurance.
7. A plane ticket is the answer. Who cares what the question is.
8. I googled my symptoms. Turns out I just needed to go on a vacay.
9. Vacation calories don’t count.
10. Going on a trip. Need about 5 outfits. I’ve packed 35 just to be safe.
11. I followed my heart and it led me to the airport.
Inspiring and on-point travel industry quotes
Not many people on our planet have more travel experience than flight attendants! Your cabin crew members may seem all serious and professional, but they know all ins and outs of the travel realities. In most cases, traveling is the passion that they pursue by choosing to work in the air. Such a dream job for many of us!
Frequent travelers can also relate to some of these funny quotes. Am I right? Check them out!
12. You can’t make everyone happy. You are not a plane ticket.
13. Running to the boarding gate is my favorite workout.
14. Imagine falling in love with someone and then finding out they clap their hands when the plane lands.
15. Good things come to those who book flights.
16. That moment when you’re asked where you got something and you answer with the name of the country, not the name of the store.
17. I’ve got a crush on the world.
18. Tripophobia (n.) The fear of not having any travel trips currently booked.
19. You’ve never felt true fear until your passport isn’t where you think you left it.
20. No WiFi out here, but I found a better connection.
21. Sorry if you can’t keep track of where I am, I’m too busy wanderlusting.
Having fun so far? Watch this fun video that my inner traveler finds very relatable!
Awesome travel quotes that should make you laugh
Have you had a laugh already? If not, here are some funny travel quotes that will at least make you smile! At least that’s what they did to me, I can’t even choose my favorite in this section.
When I read such quotes, I always get reminded about our personal fun travel experiences! Like that time in Sri Lanka when a monkey stole Andrew’s banana or when we misunderstood the gestures of a tuk-tuk driver. Many hilarious things happen on every trip that you may or may not remember afterward. Share some of your funniest moments with us in the comments!
22. Physically I’m here. Mentally I’m in a pool in Bali ordering my third mojito.
23. I’m getting tired of waking up and not being at the beach.
24. How can people my age plan spontaneous trips to Thailand, I can barely afford a spontaneous soft pretzel.
25. My mom watches a special type of news program that only reports on horrible incidents happening in places I’m about to visit.
26. In travel mode. Do not disturb.
27. You know it’s time for a vacation when you start looking like the person on your driving license.
28. Everyone should believe in something. I believe I should be on the beach drinking Margaritas.
29. Ironing boards are surfboards that gave up their dreams and got a boring job. Don’t be an ironing board.
Aren’t these travel quotes hilarious? Tell me in the comments which is your favorite! And read on, more fun quotes are coming your way!
Funny travel captions for Instagram
The worst thing about coming back from vacation (besides the fact that you had to come back!) is when you have all those amazing photos but can’t come up with the right lines to comment on it. These funny travel captions for Instagram are specially for those moments when you struggle to put your feelings into words!
Some of these are cool and funny ideas to let everyone know that you are leaving for vacation, to give a hint for a birthday present, or just to say hi when you are already unwinding on a wonderful beach. Have fun!
30. Can’t decide if I need a hug, an XL coffee, 6 shots of vodka, or 2 months of travel.
31. When you’re trying to save money for a house, but end up with a one-way ticket to some tropical island.
32. Everyone is pregnant, engaged or getting married. I just wanna lose weight and travel.
33. Me before vacation: “I’m going to be responsible with my money. This is a low budget trip. I’m gonna stay in a hostel and everything.” Me on vacation: orders fancy drinks, rides a camel, goes skydiving, buys souvenirs for the uncle’s new girlfriend and adopts an alpaca.
34. This is my resting beach face.
35. I need a vacation of 6 months. Twice a year!
36. Girls don’t wait for the prince anymore, they pack and travel the world.
37. It’s bad manners to keep a vacation waiting!
38. I wish I was a postcard. For under 1.5€ you can travel the world to any location in the world.
39. If anyone is Christmas shopping for me, I wear a size 7-day Caribbean cruise.
40. I feel like most of my problems could be solved with a trip to… anywhere.
What can be more inspiring than travel movies? This roundup video from WatchMojo shows the funniest road trips in movies!
Conclusion on funny travel quotes
I hope I was able to make your day a little bit better!
In many of those situations, I’m sure all wanderers and tourists recognize themselves! We all have different travel experiences, but we have the world in common!
Whether you prefer adventure quotes about travel with friends or inspire yourself with photos of beautiful beaches, the main goal is to get enough wanderlust so you end up booking a ticket someplace nice.
So grab your family, a couple of friends, or a lover, read them some of those quotes and plan a new journey together!